Friday, September 21, 2012

After this weekend we move to Death Valley!
       To fill in a few holes on what's been going on since my last post, in summary, its been a lot of work. I got a part time job at a Christian Camp and Conference Center.It's a beautiful amazing place that keeps you on your toes! I got down to work scrubbing tables, filling water, cleaning and setting for their dining hall.
     As time went on however, our troubles crept in. It's not my goal to attack anyone that's helped us out, but I will say that eventually our living situation became a difficult one. Sometimes extreme things need to happen for change to happen though, so again, just count it as a blessing. Due to our severe financial stresses (trying to live off one part time income in California being totally impossible), we were on emergency mode searching for work. We printed out resumes to send all over to places no one would want to work as well as nice high paying jobs we'd be qualified for. In the end, nothing was going to come up tomorrow when we needed a place to stay yesterday. We just didn't have the luxury of time being on our side. Thankfully, in the midst of it all, Anthony got a phone call.
       A place he'd applied to a long time ago called him up, offering him a job, and then me one as well! They paid for a place to live, eat, everything we need to get started. I can't say it's going to be easy or the best place I've ever lived. The conditions could be terrible, we could work so hard it hurts. At the same time, Anthony and I feel ready for just about anything. After you've wandered the streets just begging for someone to hire you, and worked for free or volunteering just to get experience, something as stable as this is definitely a blessing. We do expect it to be hard work, but I think we're also more than happy to do it.
       In a lot of ways I'm considering this a spiritual journey. On one hand because isn't everything you do in life a spiritual journey? I mean as long as you believe in that thing. And also on the other hand, because there's no way I could do anything that's happened to me without God.
      Without my being here, where would Anthony be? And even more so, where would I be? This is a big step for the both of us from two different points of life meeting the same goal.I like new and different places. However, I don't love changing addresses and account numbers, so I am more than happy to settle in one place once we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment